THE PETZI PLEDGE
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services.
1. Information You Provide to Us.
We may collect the personal information you provide voluntarily, such as your first and last name, photos of yourself, names and photos of your pets, comments, interests, the email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
If you contact us or use our Services, we may ask you for your phone number to respond to your inquiries.
When you order using our Services, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, billing information and shipping information. Credit card information is collected and protected by PayPal.
We retain information on your behalf, such as pictures and comments, that you store using your Account.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
2. Information Collected Via Technology
Tracking Data. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in cookies or by services such as Google Analytics. When you use the Services, Google Analytics and Flurry automatically collect and store certain information anonymously on their servers, including your Internet Protocol address, the address of the website you visited before our Site, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, operating system, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Site, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
Device Information. Our servers may also collect information about the device on which you are using the Application. This might include the type of device being used, the operating system that you are using, device settings, and anonymous identifiers for push notifications. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Location Information. When our application is open on your mobile device, we periodically receive information about the location of the device. The collected location information is only used to improve the services provided and is not shared with third parties.
Treat Cam Usage. Information regarding the Treat Cam usage and hardware and software configuration is associated with your user account. This information includes when a connection is made to the treat cam, when treats are dispensed, when push to talk events occur, WiFi provisioning attempts, and when pictures and videos are taken. However, we have no ability to monitor the video that is streamed to you unless you grant us permission for support purposes.
Use of Information We Collect
1. General Use. In general, the personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our Service;
identify you as a user in our system;
provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
provide the Services you request;
improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
send you a welcome e-mail to introduce you to us and our services;
send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Petzi.
2. User Feedback. We often receive feedback and comments from users who have had a positive experience with our Services. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.
3. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous/deidentified records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy:
2. Corporate Restructuring. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
What choices do you have about your information?
2. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
3. Do Not Track. Your web browser may enable you to indicate your preference as to whether you wish to allow websites to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time our Site does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding the collection of such personal information, and our site may continue to collect personal information in the manner described in this Policy. We may enable third parties to collect personal information in connection with our site. This policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of personal information by third parties on our site.
4. Push Notifications. We will periodically send your phone push notifications based on your activity on the Petzi Social Network, system outages, special offers, etc. You can stop these notifications by changing the notifications security settings for Petzi App.
5. Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update or delete the personal information in their user Account by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your personal information, then your user Account may become deactivated and all information is deleted. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
6. Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Applications by uninstalling the Applications. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Security of Your Personal Data.
Petzi is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Petzi uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, Petzi cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How do we make changes to this policy?
Our policy may change from time to time. If it does, we will notify you of changes to our Policy by posting a new Policy at www.petzila.com & www.petz.com, and we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You should consult this Policy regularly for any changes.